Flying J Ranch Park
- DO NOT visit parks and public areas if sick; stay home, seek medical care
- FACE COVERING required when 6' distance can't be maintained when using the restroom, at the trailhead, and/or when passing others on the trail
- Practice social distancing of at least 6’ in parks, trailheads, trails, and climbing crags
- DO NOT gather in groups larger than 10
- Keep dogs on leash at ALL times
- Bring your own hand sanitizer and/or hand washing supplies; many of our parks and restrooms lack running water. Sanitize/wash hands after touching public surfaces such as railings, benches, and handles.
- High-risk visitors, use discretion for park visits and public restroom use
CLOSED: Forest management work currently happening on the northern side of park and trails. Closures from M-Th until further notice. See map below for details. Please give crews and equipment space.
2020 Jeffco Open Space Firewood Sale
Enjoy a peaceful three-mile loop among old-growth lodgepole pine, ponderosas and Douglas fir. Flying J Ranch is a great place for picnicking in rustic timber shelters, as well as a favorite destination for snowshoeing.
Forest Management Project
In 2017, JCOS and Denver Mountain Parks (DMP) jointly received funding from the State Fire Assistance program to implement a forest management and restoration project at Flying J Ranch Park. The project will focus on reducing the density of overgrown mixed conifer stands, promoting aspen stands, and restoring ponderosa pine savanna. The risk of catastrophic wildfire will be reduced, while both visitor safety and wildlife habitat will be enhanced.
In summer and fall 2018, Natural Resources staff conducted baseline forest inventories to identify treatment areas and to develop specific management objectives. Staff began removing trees in October 2018, and the project is scheduled to be completed by Winter 2020. Please click the link below for more information, and check back soon for photos, videos, and project updates.
Flying J Ranch Trailhead
9661 County Highway 73
Conifer, CO 80433
Flying J Ranch Shadow Mountain Access
27281 Shadow Mountain Drive
Conifer, CO 80433
- CLOSED: CO-74 b/t Morrison & Idledale closed for rockfall mitigation weekdays 9/2/2020 - 2/28/2021
- NOTICE: Elk Meadow Park - Fire mitigation work along a segment of Stagecoach Blvd from 7/28-11/30
- CLOSED: South Trailhead at South Valley Park Closed 7/13 - Late Sept for Trailhead Improvements
- CLOSED: Campgrounds Closed. New camping reservations suspended until further notice
- NOTICE: Rangers and S.O. implementing temporary restrictions at parks that are at capacity
- CLOSED: Due to COVID-19 health concerns, Lookout Mtn Nature Center and Hiwan Museum closed
- CLOSED: Weekday closures at Flying J Ranch Park
- CLOSED: Parking lots at the mouth of Clear Creek Canyon Park and Tunnel 1 closed for construction