Clear Creek Canyon Park
Current Construction - Huntsman Segment
The Huntsman Segment is the next piece of the Peaks to Plains Trail through Clear Creek Canyon. This 3-mile segment of ADA compliant trail will build off the recently opened Gateway Trailhead segment connecting the west side of Tunnel 1 to Huntsman Gulch. It will include seven new bridges spanning Clear Creek, one new bridge over US Highway 6, one new underpass beneath US Highway 6, multiple creek access points, as well as two new trailheads with full amenities and parking for approximately 100 vehicles. Construction broke ground in July 2022 and once it opens to the public in 2025, there will only be a little less than 6 miles to complete the 13.5-miles of trail in Jefferson County.
Gateway Segment of Clear Creek Canyon Park Open
Clear Creek Canyon Park offers unique recreation experiences among its steep canyon walls and fast flowing creek. With the opening of a segment of the Peaks to Plains Trail, bicycles are allowed in the canyon for the first time. Use caution when accessing the creek and engaging in high-risk activities such as rock climbing, kayaking and rafting. Anglers must carry a valid Colorado fishing license with habitat stamp. Gold prospectors must adhere to Open Space Regulations.
Clear Creek Trail*
Peaks to Plains Trail*
Prospecting is prohibited in some areas at the Big Easy Trailhead. See posted signs.
- Digging into or destruction of stable shoreline, banks or existing vegetation is not permitted
- All prospecting holes must be filled in before leaving site
- Dredges and equipment may not be left overnight
- No prospecting within 100 feet of structures including bridges, steps and
fish habitat improvements
- Only dredges with a nozzle diameter of four inches or fewer are permitted
- No dripping or leaking of fuel or oil allowed
- NOTICE: Maintenance is being done on Black Bear Trail on the Hildebrand Ranch Park side of the hogback
- CLOSED: East Alderfer/Three Sisters Park & East Trailhead closed for forest health management
- CLOSED: Plymouth Creek Trail-Deer Creek Canyon Park, temp. closures begin 6/20 Mon-Thurs 8am-4:30pm
- REMINDER: Some JCOS Parks have designated-use trails or alternating use days