Clear Creek Canyon Park
Gateway Segment of Clear Creek Canyon Park Open
Clear Creek Canyon Park offers unique recreation experiences among its steep canyon walls and fast flowing creek. With the opening of a segment of the Peaks to Plains Trail, bicycles are allowed in the canyon for the first time. Use caution when accessing the creek and engaging in high-risk activities such as rock climbing, kayaking and rafting. Anglers must carry a valid Colorado fishing license with habitat stamp. Gold prospectors must adhere to Open Space Regulations.
Clear Creek Trail*
Peaks to Plains Trail*
Prospecting is prohibited in some areas at the Big Easy Trailhead. See posted signs.
- Digging into or destruction of stable shoreline, banks or existing vegetation is not permitted
- All prospecting holes must be filled in before leaving site
- Dredges and equipment may not be left overnight
- No prospecting within 100 feet of structures including bridges, steps and
fish habitat improvements
- Only dredges with a nozzle diameter of four inches or fewer are permitted
- No dripping or leaking of fuel or oil allowed
- CLOSED: Plymouth Crk Trail at Deer Crk Canyon Park, closures 10/3–10/27 from 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. M-Th
- CLOSED: Beginning 9/21, Section of Casto Crk Tr at Beaver Ranch Pk closed M-Th until further notice
- REMINDER: Some JCOS Parks have designated-use trails or alternating use days