Protection Orders

Report a Violation

If you need to report a violation that has already occurred, please call the law enforcement agency where the violation occurred.

Obtain an Order

For information on how to obtain a restraining order, call the court clerk in the county where you reside. For the Jefferson County Court Clerk, call 720-772-2510.

If your situation is the result of intimate partner violence or elder abuse in Jefferson County, contact PorchLight, A Family Justice Center at (720) 853-8850 or email [email protected]


If you have a new protection order, the Civil Unit can assist you in serving it to the restrained party. If the court waived serving fees, we may be able to accept your paperwork by fax.