To record a document, you may either mail or bring it the Recording office (Suite 2560) at the Jefferson County Administration and Courts building (The Taj): Jefferson County Clerk and Recorder, 100 Jefferson County Pkwy, Suite 2560, Golden, CO 80419.
Please include your document, payment, address to mail back the document, and phone number.
Recording fees are $13 for the first page and $5 for each additional page for most letter or legal size documents. When mailing, please make sure the fee amount is correct as we will only refund over-payments of $10 or more. Your document(s) will be mailed back to you in 2 to 4 weeks.
Any transfer deed with consideration exceeding $500 will be assessed a State documentary fee of $0.10 per $1,000. Per statute, grantee address is required on the document.
Jeffco copy fees are as follows:
- Document fee $0.25 per page
- Certification of document $1.00 per document
- Marriage license copy $0.25
- Certified marriage license copy $1.25
- Certified marriage application $2.25
- Plat copies $2.00 per page
- Legal forms. The Recording office does not provide legal forms. Most forms can be obtained at office supply stores or online under "Colorado Legal Forms" search.
- Document copy order form. This document describes the pricing for document copies and Recording request information.
- Military discharge copy request form. This document is to request a military discharge.